Whether you’re a residential, commercial or subsidized landlord, you face many issues, concerns and challenges while protecting yourself and your investment.
Items of help and interest are addressed on various pages of The Landlord Law Firm website. For ease of use, we have categorized the various links by landlord type. Either way – we’re here to help.
If you don’t find the answer you seek, please reach out and contact us.
CT Landlord/Tenant Laws
Rental Security Deposits
CT Selected Statutes:
- 47a-7. Landlord’s responsibilities.
- 47a-7a. Landlord and tenant responsibilities re bed bug infestations.
- 47a-11. Tenant’s responsibilities.
- 47a-16. When landlord may enter rented unit.
- 47a-23. Notice to quit possession or occupancy of premises. Form. Delivery. Federal termination notice.
- 47a-23b. Service of notice to quit or summons if lessee a nonresident or if whereabouts unknown.
- 47a-23c. Prohibition on eviction of certain tenants except for good cause.
- 47a-26. Failure to Appear. Judgment.
- 47a-26a. Failure to Plead. Judgment.
Title 19a – Public Health and Well-Being
- 19a-109. Heating and provision of utilities for buildings. Hot water. Termination of services
Title 8. Zoning, Planning, Housing, Economic and Community Development and Human Resources
- Chapter 135 Uniform Relocation Assistance Act
The purpose of this chapter is to establish a uniform policy for the fair and equitable treatment of persons displaced by the acquisition of real property by state and local land acquisition programs, by building code enforcement activities, or by a program of voluntary rehabilitation of buildings or other improvements conducted pursuant to governmental supervision.
Title 53a – Crimes
Chapter 952 – Penal Code: Offenses
- 53a-117e.Criminal damage of a landlord’s property in the first degree: Class D felony.
- 53a-117f.Criminal damage of a landlord’s property in the second degree: Class A misdemeanor.
- 53a-117g.Criminal damage of a landlord’s property in the third degree: Class B misdemeanor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Housing_discrimination_(United_States) Emotional Support Animals